How to Be Close With God
- Often we want to be a place of healing but in order to become that, we must first become healed.
- How do we become safe? We start confessing our sins to one another and allow God to heal us.
- What does it take to be a safe friend for someone else?
Get talking: Conversations for your group.
- When James says to “confess your sins to each other”, what do you think this would look like?
- What would cause you to hesitate when it comes to “confessing your sins” to another person?
Start sharing. Questions to create openness.
- When was the last time you confessed your sins to God?
- God provides healing not only through the laying on of hands and anointing, but also through the confession described here in chapter 5 of James. What healing do you feel most compelled to seek for from God?
“God, thank you for being near to us. Help us to open ourselves up to you more and more. Please move in us and help us to lean into you more in this next season. We want to grow closer with you and understand your power in fresh ways. Amen.”