How to Set the World on Fire
James 3:1-12, Matthew 8:5-13
- If you want to set the world on fire, start with your words.
- If you want to change the way you live, change the words you speak.
- If you want to set your world on fire- call Jesus, “Lord.” When you call Jesus, “Lord”, his words are spoken over you.
- Small things done in private lead to big things in public; Thoughts become words, Words become actions, Actions become Destiny.
- What words do you tend to speak most often: if you were to audit your words, which ones would be most frequently used?
Get talking: Conversations for your group.
- How have you seen your words affect your actions and beliefs?
- What can you do to guard your heart when harmful words are spoken to you?
- In what situations do you find it most difficult to speak life-giving words to yourself or others?
Start sharing. Questions to create openness.
- What steps do you need to take to ensure you start speaking more life-giving words?
“God, thank you for being near to us. Help us to open ourselves up to you more and more. Please move in us and help us to lean into you more in this next season. We want to grow closer with you and understand your power in fresh ways. Amen.”