Reclaimed: Get Back Up
2 Timothy 1:7
- The first ingredient of bravery: you have to DECIDE to trust and live into that gift.
- Timidity: literally means the one who runs.
- The second ingredient of bravery: you have to DEFINE how your God given gifts will play out in your every day life.
- In the face of the enemy, in the face of the blitz, you don’t need to run because you have POWER! You will experience emotion, but RECLAIM this season with POWER and HOPE.
- Bravery is not trying to be someone you are not, bravery is stepping more fully into who God made you to be.
Get talking: a conversation starter for your group.
- Who is the most brave person you know? Why do you consider that person brave?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Last week, we discussed spiritual gifts. How can you use your spiritual gifts to live brave? How can you encourage others to do the same?
- Which areas or moments in your life have you felt the blitz moments (spirit of fear) instead of the spirit of power?
Go deeper. Read Joshua 1:6-9.
- God has called you to be strong and courageous like Joshua, what area(s) of your life is God speaking to you about taking on the spirit of power to be brave?
- How does the Spirit of love compel you forward in the situations or blitz moments you have in your life?
Prayer and Next Steps:
- God, We believe you provide everything we need. We believe that you use us, your people, to bring hope and healing; and you use our spiritual gifts to work in mighty ways. Help us to not get so lost in the reality of the blitzes of life, but rather to find ourselves in the light of your power and love. Amen.