Reclaimed: Stay Hot
2 Timothy 1:6, I Corinthians 12:7&11
- A spiritual gift is a spiritual enablement so that you can be good at something needed by your church, your community and the world.
- A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
- The Holy Spirit distributes all these gifts and decides which gift each person should have.
- There are over twenty gifts listed in scripture.
- How to determine what gifts the Holy Spirit has entrusted to me? (1) Read everything you can about spiritual gifts, (2) Get a conversation going (discussion notes) and (3) Jump in.
- We all make time for what we value in this life.
Get talking: a conversation starter for your group.
- Make a list of spiritual gifts in scripture (Google it or check out I Corinthians 12, Romans 12, Ephesians 4 and I Peter 1). Which of these gifts to see used the most?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Look over the same list: which of these gifts do you feel our community would benefit from the most?
- Who do you know, or who do you think, may have that gift?
- What do you feel are your spiritual gifts What can you do to develop them further?
Prayer and Next Steps:
- God, We believe you provide everything we need. We believe that you use us, your people, to bring hope and healing; and you use our spiritual gifts to work in mighty ways. Help us to not get so lost in the reality of our own need, but rather to find ourselves in the light of your mercy and redemption. Amen.