That Ain’t Right! God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle
I Corinthians 10:13, Mark 14:33-34, Psalm 120:1, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
• Why would God allow us to have more than we can handle? (1) Depend on His
Presence and (2) Experience His power.
• Never let the presence of a storm cause you to doubt the presence of God.
Get talking: a conversation starter for your group.
• Let’s brag for a minute. How much can you handle? Share a typical multi-tasking
scenario you handle on a regular basis?
• What’s the most terrible spiritual advice you’ve ever gotten?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
• What’s consuming most of your energy right now?
• When you’re overwhelmed, you’re most likely to: double your efforts, eat something tasty, ask for help, go somewhere peaceful, or do something fun?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
• What habits can you create in order to make God’s presence the first place you go
when you’re overwhelmed?
• How have you experienced the presence of God when you had more than you
• What do you think God is asking you to let Him carry?
“God, help us and give us your peace. May we sense your power and your presence.
We know that you care about every single detail of our lives- as we call on you, we pray
that your presence would be felt- especially for those of us in the valley, right now, may
we feel your comfort. We know your strength is made perfect in our weakness. We lay
down our strength to receive your greater strength- make us whole and new, we pray,
in Jesus’s strong name- Amen.”