When God Doesn’t Embracing God in the Valley
- What to do when you are in the valley: (1) Remember the goodness of God, (2) Embrace the promise of God.
- Habakkuk means to wrestle and embrace.
- You won’t have a Chapter 3 FAITH without the WONDERING of Chapter 1 or the WAITING of Chapter 2.
Get talking: conversation starters for your group.
- What’s your favorite worship song? What does it say about who God is?
- It’s not uncommon to doubt God when life gets hard. What does this imply about what we believe about God?
- Who’s someone you know who seems to trust God no matter what they’re facing? What do you think is different about them?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Read Habakkuk 3:1-3. Describe a time when you saw the goodness of God or experienced His faithfulness?
- How are you embracing God in the middle of a difficult situation? Or, how would you like to embrace Him?
- Share how the faithfulness of God in your past has strengthened your faith today.
Prayer and Next Steps:
- God, we will lift our hands while we’re waiting. Even louder than our fears, we will praise You. Because You are good. Jesus, You are so good. Amen!
- Spend some time praying, thanking, and praising God for His goodness and faithfulness.
- Find some time to write about what God has done in your life and what you believe He is doing today.
- Donate and help us help the folks on the front lines in our community.