When God Doesn’t Not What I Expected
Habakkuk 1, 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Prayer forms us.
- Prayer shows us who is in control.
- Prayer isn’t just asking, but trusting.
Get talking: a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- Describe a time when a person or event did not meet your expectations? How did it impact your life? How did it make you feel?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Discuss a time when God did not meet your expectations? How did it impact your life? How did it make you feel?
- How can our expectations in life toward God, people, and circumstances be a hinderance? How do you discern the difference between healthy and unhealthy expectations?
- In order to hold on firmly to our faith, we must let go of our expectations of how God works in situations and in answer to our prayers. What are some expectations of God and things you want him to do that you need to let go of?
Prayer and Next Steps:
- God, we are listening. We are open to hear Your voice. Please speak to us through Your Word, through prayer, and through others. We will trust You and we will wait on Your promises. In Jesus’ powerful name, amen.
- Decide to follow Jesus (get baptized).
- Share the Gospel (be the hands and feet of Jesus).
- Donate and help us help the folks on the front lines in our community.