Beyond Generosity That Reaches
“No one cuts up a fine silk scarf to patch old work clothes; you want fabrics that match. And you don’t put wine in old, cracked bottles; you get strong, clean bottles for your fresh vintage wine. And no one who has ever tasted fine aged wine prefers unaged wine.” Luke 5:36-39 MSG
If you want something alive and moving then you have to have a new container to handle it.
We have two big exciting opportunities:
1. www.albemarlefirst.org/next (Nate will interact w the site- go live on his iPad?)
2. Big Christmas Offering:
• To invest in and impact the next generation of students in Stanly County (playground, uplifting ministry spaces)
• To invest in and save kids from human trafficking (Joe Phillips/ next week)
The only way to fully understand how your life can be used to honor God is to take a step up the rung toward peak level giving.
What is required of us?
1. For those of us who aren’t trusting God or giving at all, take a step.
2. For those of us who have given here and there, it’s time to take a step into some obedience.
3. For those of us who feel we’ve reached peak level, I think God wants to show us more than we can ever imagine. Even those of us who give sacrificially can hear from God in this season.